Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hunkydory Christmas Elegance - Stylish Trees and new Dreamweaver stencils.


I know it's been a long time between posts but I have been busy designing these cards with this new die cut sheet from Craftywitch. I still have 5 more trees to put onto cards or tags but there are so many already from this one sheet I thought I would save those for another day. So, here we go......





The patterned paper is from Alison Ellis designs. It is one from her latest release called 'A Formal Affair - White Tie Swirls'. it is a more chocolate colour than appears in the photo.








This card was created by using a Spellbinder tag die to cut out the front section. I drew around the outside with a glue pen then foiled it after it had gone clear. The gold mesh was trimmed to fit and added using a glue dot roller on the back after it had been trimmed to fit. The red and rhinestone trim was added to the brown organza ribbon on the base of the card and the tree attached to the front. Make sure there is no glue added to the places on the back of the tree where the center panel of the card has been removed or you will glue your card shut. I added a cream insert to the red card to help highlight the tree.


 This rather simple card has been made very elegant just because of the small foiled dot background paper attached to the brown card. Yes, another Alison Ellis Design paper from the same range.



I layered this one with a strip of Swirls paper down the centre of the brown card. I embossed two strips of  mint coloured card with an embossing folder and a Dreamweaver stencil and highlighted them both with brown ink. A Spellbinder die was used for the central rectangle and edged with brown ink. I created a small shadow of the tree with the waste card from the sheet before attaching the tree. I finished the card by placing lots of gold dots with dimensional paint across the top and bottom of the card.


This one is self explanatory. The music paper is another from Alison Ellis.
 The acetate front was created using a foiled acetate from Craftywitch. The hinges are metallic paper cut with a Spellbinder tag die. You could use any patterned card for the front. I added the cream paper panel behind the tree so that the tree stood out more. The back of the card is brown cardstock. All three layer were cut 1cm larger on one side and the acetate was sandwiched between the other two layers.





The Chocolate Tree is attached to the mesh. The blue circle that was cut from the blue topper has then been attached to the inside back of the card. I think I like this one the best.










New Dreamweaver stencils are about to arrive! Whoohoo!
 Here are a few advance picture to whet your appetites.


Foil, flock and glitter on Jac. Dimensional paint for dots. This is the actual shape of the stencil so the Jac paper was cut around the stencil leaving a small border which I foiled. I have a couple more ideas in mind for this stencil so you will have to pop back to find out what else I do with it.


Back to basics with this one. I used the Pallete brand hybrid inks with a finger dauber on mat cardstock. It was shaded with India black ink and a stencil brush. I also shadowed it before I embossed and coloured the design. This means I stencilled it with blue ink then shifted the stencil slightly sideways then upward before dry embossing.










This would have to be my favourite stencil out of the new releases. I used white and red embossing medium on black gloss cardstock. Mix the two colours together lightly. Wiggle the scraper from side to side as you pull the scraper over the stencil to create the marbled effect. The sentiment was written with an opaque gel pen. The topper and tag were added to the card then I glued the strand of small plastic flowers around the cameo.

This was a very long blog but I hope you enjoyed it.

Julie.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie! I really like these cards--especially what you did with the stencils. They are all gorgeous, but that cameo is particularly breathtaking! How stunning--and what a great idea to blend the red and white like that.

    ReplyDelete