Sunday, 29 August 2010

This is the Cottage Cutz 'Giraffe' die done in soft pastel colours. I shade all the pieces using pigment ink before I piece them together. Sometimes the area I am shading is big enough for me to use a finger dauber but smaller areas I use either a stencil brush or cosmetic cotton tips. The difference between cosmetic cotton tips and ordinary cotton buds is that one end is pointed so I can get into very small areas and do highlights with white ink on the smallest pieces. If I can get away with it I use adhesive beads for eyes rather than fiddling with tiny cut out dots. Only the head has been raised with foam squares. I print my sayings on my computer. This was inked around the edges so that it stood out from the background.

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely Julie. Your shading is so lifting.

    ReplyDelete