Sunday, 19 September 2010

Foiled Christmas Pear

This card was created using Dreamweaver stencils, inks and Stampee Transparent foil. The foil is the Mirage pattern which gives a diagonal striped effect. It's a little paler in the picture than in real life and is designed to look very 'Olde Worlde'. The pear was dry embossed onto cream cardstock then coloured with pigment ink. It was then covered with Versamark ink, covered with Stampee heat and bond powder which was then melted with a heat gun. The foil was then placed over the design and run through a pouch laminator (without the pouch) between two pieces of paper. The foil was removed when cool and the other designs were stencilled around the outside of the pear. I filled in the stencilled areas with ink the same colours as the designs to fill them in a bit. Any ink that got onto the pear was removed with a clean cloth. Extra ink was smudged around the edges of the card and in between the designs.

Monday, 13 September 2010

Cottage Cutz

Isn't this Bluebird adorable? He has been placed on acetate in the window. It was difficult to find an insert that didn't detract from the image so I went for a pale blue check. Next time I'll dry emboss the front before I put it together.













 The Gingerbread people come with a boy and girl face stamps. They didn't have buttons either so I used some black adhesive pearls. The hair and lollipop come on a separate die that is one of three available accessories dies for the 'dolls' dies.









 This is another 'dolls' die. the mittens, bow-tie and buttons are included as well as the face stamps but the Santa hat was on the same accessories die I used on the previous card. I added the pearl necklace and earrings with adhesive pearls. The silver foiled blue background paper is an Alison Ellis paper from the latest Christmas range. The snowflake is one of the flakes from a Cottage Cutz die.





 This card was made using the two die Cottage Cutz set. I did it in three sections. First the chimney then Santa and last of all the presents. Cutting out all the parts was time consuming so it will be done with copic markers in future. When I get it done I'll post the picture of the card and you can do a comparison.

I will be in Toowoomba tomorrow doing as stenciling class and a demonstration of the iron-on fabric.........which reminds me, I haven't posted any of the pictures of the samples I have created with this wonderful product. I will remedy this ASAP.

Thursday, 2 September 2010

Stencils at last

I finally got to play with this new stencil from Dreamweaver. It is LL3005 Holly Leaf. There are 3 cards that I will be teaching in a class at Stamp Antics in late September.





This first card was embossed, coloured with pigment ink and then I cut the edge away from the design. The red paper insert just makes this pop. The greeting was done on my computer.















I used Dreamweaver Metallic FX powder on this           
one. I've tried both Versamark and Stewart superior
glue pads and the heat activated glue works best.
This card has the black glue under the powders
to give it rich colour.









The third card was created like a glitter card....sort of.
Double sided Jac paper was placed on the card first, then
the soaped stencil was placed on top of that. Foils were
then rubbed into the design areas. Black flock powder
was then rubbed over the entire design to fill in the bits
where the foil wouldn't go. Opal glitter was used on the
rest of the Jac paper once the stencil was removed. I
then dry embossed the background using the new
LG731 Holly Flourish.