Thursday, 2 September 2010

Stencils at last

I finally got to play with this new stencil from Dreamweaver. It is LL3005 Holly Leaf. There are 3 cards that I will be teaching in a class at Stamp Antics in late September.





This first card was embossed, coloured with pigment ink and then I cut the edge away from the design. The red paper insert just makes this pop. The greeting was done on my computer.















I used Dreamweaver Metallic FX powder on this           
one. I've tried both Versamark and Stewart superior
glue pads and the heat activated glue works best.
This card has the black glue under the powders
to give it rich colour.









The third card was created like a glitter card....sort of.
Double sided Jac paper was placed on the card first, then
the soaped stencil was placed on top of that. Foils were
then rubbed into the design areas. Black flock powder
was then rubbed over the entire design to fill in the bits
where the foil wouldn't go. Opal glitter was used on the
rest of the Jac paper once the stencil was removed. I
then dry embossed the background using the new
LG731 Holly Flourish.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this first xmas card, Julie and you are right about the red paper ... it definitely makes it pop! Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous design. Did I say I love it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Julie ... the holly leaves are my favorite and I love how you cut away the paper. This is a very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete