Friday, 15 October 2010

Polly's technique

The first card is using a technique I saw at a craft show in the U.S. Polly from Polly's Pals in California was demonstrating it.

The white base card was dry embossed with the pine trees stencil LL570. It was then coloured with pigment ink. I made it fairly dark. I then used clear Embossing Medium through the stencil on a piece of thick vellum 170gsm. While it was wet I sprinkled opal glitter over the image. When it was dry I brushed it down and matched up the images and glued the vellum to the card along the spine with a glue pen. I then added the greeting and the ribbon which was wrapped around the entire front of the card and tied   in a knot.
A very pretty effect isn't it?

This is yet another Cottage Cutz die card inspired by a beautiful card I saw in a Swedish magazine put out by the Magnolia Stamp Company (purchased at a Newsagent). I used one of the new Martha Stewart punch sets to create the lattice work.
The puppy die has a back to it but wasn't needed for this card. Keep an eye out for it done as a back and front card.

2 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are stunning Julie. The puppy is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh you made this card (trees) quick! So beautiful Julie. Thanks for explaining the technique. I love the dog one! Absolutely adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete