Monday, 3 January 2011

Sneak Peak

 After a time of rest and relaxation I suppose it's back to work!




I have been busy creating sample cards for the Dreamweaver stand at CHA which is being held in Los Angeles at the end of this month. I will be spending time on both the Dreamweaver and Stampee stand showing their customers and designers how I use their products. I use stencils and foils together but not all the time so I won't be doing exactly the same things on each stand.

The tie stencil is one of newest in the Dreamweaver range which will be released at CHA The first design uses ink to colour and Stampee transluscent foil to add the shiny rainbow effect.





The second sample card uses the new 
Heritage background design on the tie
but this time with the addition of solid gold foil.




This sample differs by using the new Stripes Background stencil to add the design which was then coloured with pigment ink. To add the foiled stripes I used thin strips of Jac paper in the centre of the widest stripes then pressed the foil over the exposed sticky areas. The base cardstock has a pinstriped texture and is a metallic colour which made a great suit effect to mount the tie and 'shirt' topper on to.






I hope the New Year is good to all of you.

Julie.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow...what terrific creations Julie. Have fun at CHA you lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ties, Julie! I can't wait to see them in person! I may have to buy that stencil! Have fun at CHA ... see you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie....these are fantastic!! Pleasure meeting you at CHA! I look forward to viewing all of your fabulousness!!!! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete