Monday, 28 February 2011

Dreamweaver Plaid stencil LX7002

I did this card before I went to CHA. I used to do something similar years ago with another brand but it was made from plastic and the lines kept moving. Now I have this one and boy am I happy. It is large enough to do the whole front of a card without having to lift it. Expect to see many more tartan designs in the future.

I used LJ907 Damask with silver Embossing medium and silver glitter on the black card. The silver strip at the bottom is double sided tape with the same glitter over it.
I dry embossed the LL594 Open Bird onto white cardstock then did random blocks of colour using a finger dauber through the stencil with pigment ink.
I masked one of the larger stripes on the Plaid stencil to allow enough colour to come through and using black ink I added the stripes through the two stencils then again after turning the stencil 90 degrees.
You could get way more pedantic than me by making the blocks of colour on the bird stencil match the stripes exactly. It depends on how much work you want to put into it.

Quite frankly I don't have the time or inclination to get that fussy. I think it looks great as it is. What do you think?

Julie.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one Julie. Great job and great colors. The silver background is just right. Very pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete