Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Stampendous - The Look Set

Hi people.
These cards were created using one of the new Stampendous jumbo stamp sets called The Look.
There are three stamps in the set as well as a masking template for the girl.



The first card I used the Leather background stamp with the Stampendous Blushing Pink embossing powder. The girl was stamped onto a sheet of craft foam then shrunk using a heat tool. Just like shrink plastic only there is no distortion of the image and it remains flexible. She was then coloured with Prisma pencils. I coloured the background with pigment inks using finger daubers.


 This card was stamped onto black cardstock and embossed with Blushing Pink embossing powder. I used white ink and a finger dauber to colour her face and metallic Gelly Roll pens to colour her hair. lips and eye. I cut down the side of her face with my craft knife and added a strip of pink embossed cardstock to replace the cut away piece of card. She was finished with Spoonful Gold Dust Embossing Plus Kit.
This card was stamped, coloured with pigment inks, Water patterned transparent foil was added to the background. Dreamweavers Shell Wreath was paste embossed onto the lower left hand corner and sprinkled with opal glitter. I made three shells with white Ultra light Super Clay and coloured them with pigment ink when they were dry. They were then attached to the card over the paste shells. 


 This card shows the difference in sizes between the stamped image and the shrunken foam image.

I was very pleased with the results. I am finding it strange to be stamping again after all the years I have been using stencils exclusively. As they say, a change is as good as a holiday and I am having fun.

Happy crafting,
Julie


1 comment:

  1. Good morning Julie. I love the first two cards! They have wow-power! I like it that you shrunk the image giving the design another option. Job well done, my friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete