Friday, 12 June 2015

Shabby Chic Butterflies

There is nothing like a craft show to get me to use products I haven't gotten around to using until I need to make sample cards. Stampendous have an embossing enamel in their Frantage collection that is to die for, especially if you like 'pretty' and shabby chic.I know it's not new to a lot of people but it is to me. Here is the sample board I made for Craft Giraffe for the Sydney show.






I used the middle sized butterfly from the Butterfly Die Cut Set as I did for the next card.






I have done this background a few times with the Vintage Letter stamp but the butterfly was created with Stampendous Chunky Embossing Enamels. First the chipboard die cut was stamped with Versamark ink, then Chunky Black and Chunky Copper enamels were applied. Before I melted them with my heat gun I added some ordinary blue embossing powder. When they were melted and still hot, I stamped into it. I used the leaves from the Forest Pop-Up Stamp set. It's an old technique but one I personally had never tried before. I was very pleased with the result.

Happy crafting,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment