Tuesday, 5 April 2016

House Mouse and Friends Blog Challenge No. 2

I hope you are all enjoying the House Mouse and friends Challenge Blog Hop at Stampendous.
Please go to their blog to see how to join in.



http://www.stampendous.com

Another great stamp that just so happens to co-ordinate with one of my favourite stencils.



I had always coloured the thistle green and purple but I went looking for pictures to make sure I had the colour right I found that the Australian Scotch Thistle is grey with the purple fluffy top so that's what I did. I really like this colouring at it is a little less expected. I used coloured pencil and gamsol on watercolour paper with a little watered down ink for the sky. It could have been darker but I panicked and didn't want to ruin it.


HMCP29 Sing a Song

LL3001 Thistle



Happy crafting,
Julie

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card, Julie. The stenciled Thistle frames the House-Mouse image so well. Wonderful job on those sweet singers, they are colored so beautifully. Thank you for sharing your House-Mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect match to go with this stamp! Super fun when everything is all matchy matchy like this! ♥ Sue Kment HM DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I love that you paired the thistle stencil with this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE that image with the bird and house mouse singing!!! What a great stencil to use with it.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Julie ... what are the chances of those matching? I love it and the color. Wow.

    ReplyDelete