Monday, 27 March 2017

March Blog Hop Competition

It is that time again. 

Blog Hop Competition time!

The prize for this month is a stamp from the Laurel Burch Collection.

LBCP001Flutterbye

The competition finishes at 12am Friday night.

To enter, place a comment on one of our designers blogs. No need to make or buy anything. One comment equals one entry but only one entry per blog allowed. 
This is an ongoing monthly competition and open to Australian residents only. It would be helpful if in your comment you mention the name of city or town where you live.

Here are my inspiration pieces using the Flutterbye stamp.





I used one of the borders in the Elegant Borders Clear Stamp Set for the background. The butterfly was stamped with black Versafine ink then I used a Versamark pen to add clear ink to each section before heat embossing with different Vintage Tinsel embossing powders. All are Stampendous products of course. The sentiment is also from a clear stamp set. (see below)





SSC1122 Elegant Borders.

SSC1158 Thoughtful Messages





The butterfly was stamped and heat embossed with gold detail embossing powder. It was then painted with pearlescent watercolour paints. I created the background with blue mica powder over clear embossing ink. I used Vintage Blue embossing powders in the corners and dots of metallic blue gel markers were added randomly to the background. Very pretty in real life.



Please take the time to look at our designers inspiration pieces using this stamp.


Robyn

Dot


Donna


Good luck and happy crafting,
Julie

10 comments:

  1. OMG Julie ... you always do such a beautiful job and this one is no exception. I really, really love this stamp and I am still bewildered by the fact that our friend Jan does not like Butterflies! WHAT??? How is that possible ... especially with your gorgeous examples! Great job, my mentor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, this wasn't really my favourite stamp when I fist got it in, but after having explored some different ways of using it I too have grown to love it. I don't quite know what to think about Jan's problem. I wonder how many other people don't like butterflies?

      Delete
  2. Stunning card and the butterfly colours are just gorgeous. Love the design of your creation. I am now a follower... ♥[aNNie] Newcastle NSW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie, I really appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. You forgot to mention where you are from. You don't have to, but if you want to be in the draw and you are an Australian I would love to give you the opportunity to win this stamp.

      Delete
  4. DELIGHTFUL card Julie!
    ADORE your butterfly and elegant design! WOW - the shimmer and shine in real life must be MAGICAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, forgot to mention, I'm in Victoria, Australia :)

      Delete