Monday, 24 April 2017

April Blog Hop Competition

Hi everyone.

Sorry this is a little late getting posted but I have had an interesting couple of weeks. I was laid up with a bung hip for about 5 days but it got better in time for me to travel down to Port Macquarie this past weekend to teach a series of classes held at Alice in Paperlands store. I had a great time and I hope everyone who attended has good a time as I did. Thank you to those ladies who travelled from Sydney for the weekend. Thank you to Alice for inviting me down and being such a gracious host.

Now for the Blog Hop. The stamp is a new from the April release catalogue.

CRP302 Stylized Whale


Here are my contributions.




 I added ink to gloss cardstock with soft brushes and Palette Hybrid inks. I used a strip of paper to create sunlight rays coming from above the whale. I used Stampendous embossing powder Golden Sand EP211 for the ocean floor and Midnight Black EP111 embossing powder for the sentiment. The sentiment is from Stampendous SSC1246 Ocean Wisdom Perfectly Clear Stamp Set. I made the shells with ultra light paper clay and a silicone mold. I coloured the whale on with Chameleon pens on white cardstock then cut out and mounted onto the card with dimensional foam squares.


 


I coloured this whale with coloured pencils and highlighted a few areas with metallic gel pens.You can't see the metallic gel pen colours on this one but in real life it is very pretty. I used the same Palette inks around the whale that I used on the first card.

Leave a comment to enter the competition to win the stamp. Leave a comment of one of our designers blog to get another chance to win. Please remember that only one comment per blog will count. This competition is open to Australian residents only. Please let us know from where in Australia you hail from in you comments.




Happy crafting and good luck!

Julie.
Here is another photo of the above card. You can see the shiny bits a bit better in this one.






8 comments:

  1. I love how your whale pop with the background. Awesome colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy. Please contact me. See my blog for the reason.

      Delete
  2. I love how your whale pop with the background. Awesome colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Julie! I really love the rays of light in the first card - it gives the illusion of being under the sea beautifully. Even though you used the same inks in the 2nd one, it looks so different. I'ld love to see the metallic gels in it.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pair of cards Julie, those shells look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you colored the image. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOTH are WONDERFUL cards Julie!
    The whale design and your inky combos INSPIRE and DELIGHT!
    TracyM from Victoria, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! what an awesome whale. love him - specially the "tangles/doodling" all over him. your colours and the card are fantastic. thanks for sharing this opportunity to win him :)

    ReplyDelete