Monday, 25 September 2017

September Blog Hop Competition

I think my design team are threatening severe repercussions after this month. LOL.

I gave them this stamp

CRR248 Owl Clock
and asked them to turn it into a Christmas card!

It was all right for me, I already had an idea of what the card could look like before I sent it out.
This is what I came up with.



I stamped it onto cream cardstock with Burnt Sienna Palette Hybrid ink. I used a combination of Chameleon markers and Chameleon pencils to colour the design. I cut the clock face out and glued an acrylic sheet behind it. On a separate piece of white card I stamped the image again with black ink. I then positioned the clock face behind the acrylic panel.
I used another Christmas stamp behind the image after the owl and clock had been masked.
Stampendous' new Twinkle Glitter was applied around the clock with a bead of craft glue. To finish it off I added some red self adhesive pearl gems.


I hand drew the tree parts Then added the coloured and cut out owl. I used the ornament from the CRP306 Pine Ornaments stamp. A few coloured pearls and some twinkle glitter and another Christmas card is born.

Check out what the talented designers have come up with.......

Robyn

Tracy

Donna


All you have to do to enter the competition is leave a comment on one or all of the design teams blogs. Each comment is an entry for a total of four entries, one on each blog. Please indicate what state you are from as this competition is open to Australian residents only.

If you own this stamp and would like to join in the fun, I will post your card here on my blog after the competition closes. I will also post pictures of my classes cards at the same time.

Happy crafting,
Julie.

25 comments:

  1. Julie ... your two cards are lovely! I have to admit, this was not an easy challenge albeit, I knew from the day I received the stamp, exactly what I was going to do with it to make it all about Christmas! Whew. Thanks for making me think "out-of-the-box."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome my unboxed friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - fabulous cards Julie!
    Love the designs, especially with your creative replacement of the clock with the ornament!
    Thank You for INSPIRING and for sharing this Christmas challenge with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tracy. I wanted the owl to look like he was standing on the books trying to put the ornament on the tree. At first I thought the ornament was too big but then I realised the ornament was probably about the right size in comparison to an owl. I was happy with it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that owl stamp. Great cards as always Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have given the owl so much character in these cards Julie. The one with the owl standing on a stack of books to reach an ornament is brilliant.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dot. I wonder what you would have done with it?

      Delete
  7. I love your take on the challenge Julie! Always good to use a stamp in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn. I hope it was more fun than anguish for you, Lol.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous stamp, l love how you used it as a Christmas stamp

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Julie, love the colours in this and the way you have used the owl by not only masking him off, but cutting him out too, My perception of \him standing on the books and attaching the ornament, in relation to the size would be that he is in the foreground a little, so the ornament would be a bit bigger, still, love them, and it is a shame you can't show the great impact that the twinkle glitter has, yep it really looks like tinsel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Julie. Lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your owl cards they are awesome.I have always love that stamp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific love both your Christmas cards especially the tinselled clock ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette. Are you an Aussie?

      Delete
  13. Fantastic job and great reminder of another way to use existing stamps. Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. Re you an Aussie?

      Delete
  14. Love it. I'm thinking steampunk ...Lauren Ashby 4055

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are great, love the Christmas one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cass. Which Christmas one do you like the best? The new Twinkle Glitter works great on Christmas cards. Just what I needed to create tinsel.

      Delete
    2. PS - Cass commented on my blog, looks like she forget to include that she is from Victoria

      Delete